Mountaineering / Climbing
Mountaineering covers a wide range of activities including hill-walking, scrambling, bouldering, sport climbing, traditional climbing, indoor/competition climbing and winter/alpine climbing.
Get involved in Mountaineering/Climbing
The British Mountaineering Council
The British Mountaineering Council (BMC) is the representative body for climbers, hill-walkers, and mountaineers throughout England and Wales. The BMC aims to:
- Negotiate access improvements and promote cliff and mountain conservation.
- Promote and advise on good practice, facilities, training and equipment.
- Support events and specialist programmes including youth and excellence.
- Provide services and information for members.
- Further Information and How to get involved Guide (MS Word, 21 Kb)
For more information contact:
British Mountaineering Council
Tel: 0161 445 6111
Mon, 06 Oct 2014 08:32
Are you new to climbing? Or are you looking to improve your climbing skills?
Then the British Mountaineering Council's new special... Read More »
Fri, 08 Aug 2014 13:49
Inclusive Sports Opportunities - FREE Sports Taster Session for you to go along and try in West Oxfordshire. Try out a variety... Read More »