Oxfordshire PE Conference 2018
On the 2nd of February 2018 OxSPA hosted the Oxfordshire PE Conference. 125 delegates from primary schools across Oxfordshire came to the Kassam Stadium to attend different workshops and keynotes.
The delegates could choose between 7 different workshops:
1) Role of the School Governer and SLT with PE Premium funding;
2) Maths of the Day;
3) Increasing physical activity during the school day;
4) How PE & School Sport Premium can positively influence pupil attainment;
5) Developing confidence in delivering Gymnastics and evidencing the impact;
6) Sharing best practise;
7) The childhood mental health crisis and how Yoga can address this issue in schools.
Jon Smedley delivered the first keynote and Sue Wilkinson MBE (CEO of AfPE) delivered the second keynote of the day. Besides the workshops and the speakers the delegates had the opportunity to get some information from the organizations at the marketplace.
Below you could find the PowerPoints which the speakers and facilitators used.
- Maths of the Day (Powerpoint, 5 Mb)
- Increasing physical activity during the school day (PDF, 3.8 Mb)
- The childhood mental heatlh crisis and how Yoga can address this issue in school (Powerpoint, 3.3 Mb)
- How PE & School Sport Premium can positively influence pupil attainment (PDF, 3.9 Mb)
- Role of the School Governor and SLT (Powerpoint, 3.7 Mb)
Primary PE and sport funding
In 2012, London and the nation hosted the sporting extravaganza that is the Olympic and Paralympic Games, with the promise to "Inspire a Generation". In particular, inspiring young people was the focus of London's Olympic and Paralympic bid. It is young people who will provide the true, lasting legacy from London 2012 of increased sport and physical activity participation. Now is the time to provide the skills and opportunities for young people to match that inspiration and continue to develop a sporting habit for life. This, coupled with the Beyond 2012 - Outstanding Physical Education for All report published in February 2013, has led to the introduction of ringfenced PE and Sport funding into all schools in England with primary-aged children. Information on how the school plan to utilise their funding should be available on the school website.
For details of the condition of PE Premium grant, payment schedule and the purpose of the grant please visit: http://bit.ly/2DQf1Bt where you will find further information.
These pages are dedicated to supporting schools utilize their funding to the benefit of current and future students.
Perhaps your school could conduct a review of your PE and sport provision, using the three areas below as key areas for consideration.
More information and useful links:
- afPE/YST Evidencing the Impact template (PDF, 10.8 Mb)