Workforce and Coaching Manager
Posted: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 13:39
Job Title Workforce and Coaching Manager
Organisation Active Oxfordshire
Reporting to Senior Manager – Physical Activity & Sport
Salary From £29,717
Hours 37 hours per week
Location Kidlington, Oxfordshire
Active Oxfordshire is part of a network of 43 County Sport Partnerships around England, and is looking to recruit an effective and enthusiastic manager to play a key role in developing and supporting the sport and physical activity workforce in Oxfordshire.
Overall Purpose of the Role
To work as part of the Active Oxfordshire Team, to support and develop the sport and physical activity workforce and coaches to increase participation in sport and physical activity. Active Oxfordshire has a specific mission to reduce levels of inactivity in Oxfordshire (people participating less than 30mins per week and/or not reaching the recommended levels of intensity) and this role will aim to develop a county wide, paid and voluntary, workforce that has the skills and knowledge to meet this challenge.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Co-ordinate with staff and partners (local, regional and national) to develop and lead the implementation of a Workforce Development Framework for Oxfordshire (including, coaching, volunteers and the professional workforce), to support both local and national priorities and in line with the principles highlighted in the Sport England and UK Coaching, workforce plans.
• Manage the development of a local workforce and coaching system network (involving traditional and new non-traditional agencies), to support coaches, leaders and activators at local level to develop their skills, experience and knowledge in relation to priorities regarding tackling inactivity and under-represented groups.
• Through collation of local and national insight, identify and understand the workforce and coaching needs of local communities, in order to support a sustained increase in participation, including from those who are currently the least active.
• Co-ordinate work with other staff and partners to embed workforce development within other Sport England and Active Oxfordshire programmes, ensuring that these meet nationally endorsed minimum operating standards
• Engage with wider non-traditional partners or organisations, seeking to broker relationships to support the development of a workforce that can engage inactive people and those from under-represented groups in sport and physical activity.
• Collaborate with other County Sports Partnerships to develop a co-ordinated approach to workforce and coach development
• Contribute to the teams overall work on insight, workforce development, safeguarding, equalities, income generation and continuous improvement in line with the Active Oxfordshire business plan and targets.
• Ensure appropriate monitoring of work is undertaken and contribute to the monitoring processes set by Active Oxfordshire and its partners.
Please refer to the Job Description for the full list of essential and desirable criteria.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Ed Nicholas 07483 010626 or email email@example.com
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter, setting out in no more than two sides of A4 how you meet the person specification criteria for the role, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or by post to:
Workforce and Coaching Manager Application, Oxfordshire Sport & Physical Activity, c/o Community Services Directorate, Oxford City Council, Horspath Road, Oxford, OX4 2RH
Closing Date: 5pm on 3rd August 2018 (late applications will not be accepted)
Interview Date: Tuesday 14th August
Disabled Applicants who meet the essential criteria on the Person Specification will be invited to interview. We want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the community we serve, so we welcome applicants from all communities. We particularly encourage applications from suitably qualified black and minority ethnic candidates because people from these backgrounds are currently under represented in our workforce.