Beginner Open Water Confidence Courses
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 - Wed, 22 Aug 2018
Venue: Oxford Wakeboard & Ski Centre, Queenford Lakes, Berinsfield, Oxford, OX10 7PQ
Beginner Open Water Confidence Courses £60 for 3 weeks
Oxford Wakeboard & Ski Centre, Queenford Lakes, Berinsfield, Oxford, OX10 7PQ
On the A4074, 4 miles south of Oxford
- Swimming in the open water for the first time
- Controlling breathing, proper exhalation and staying calm
- Keeping your face in the water and seeing where you're going to swim straight
- Stroke technique adaptation for wetsuit swimming
- Mass starts and confidence swimming close to other people
- Managing anxieties and phobias
- Open water skills for endurance races such as the Henley Mile, Lock to Lock, Bridge to Bridge etc.
- Other general tips!
Feeling nervous about venturing into the open water? Just getting into Open Water Swimming or Triathlon? We know it can be a bit daunting at first, so we've designed this course to improve your confidence so you can go it alone either just for fun or to complete an upcoming race with ease. We'll improve your swimming technique, help you manage any anxieties you might have and you'll come away feeling inspired to jump in every week. We've offered these popular courses for 7 years running now - we know what beginner swimmers need! All courses are coached by top UK open water swimming coach Annie and Assistant Beginner Specialist Coach PJ.
You must be able to swim 100m freestyle/front crawl continuously to complete this course. If you need to improve your stroke technique and endurance over the winter/spring please also book into our very popular 6 week Beginner or Improver Freestyle Courses or private coaching sessions first.