2018 Thame Para-Swimming Event
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2018, 16:00 - 18:30
Venue: Thame Leisure Centre, OX9 2BB
LOCATION: Thame Leisure Centre, OX9 2BB
DATE: Saturday 24TH March 2018
RACES: 4.00pm – 6.30pm (approx.)
PARTICIPATION FEE £5.00
REGISTRATION FORMS EMAILED TO:
The entry fee of £5.00 has been waived for this event but should participants wish to make a donation to Thame & District Lions Club (CIO) please do so on the night.
For more details call: Dave White on 0774 677 9293
NO FORMS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER: Friday 16th March 2018
We are waving the usual £5.00 entry fee, but should participants wish to make a donation to Thame & District Lions Club (CIO) they may do so on the night.
PLEASE NOTE WE HAVE A LIMIT OF 40 SWIMMING PLACES AVAILABLE
The event will be split into two sections:
Pool Taster Session 4.00pm -5.00pm (approx.)
The taster session will be in effect a teaching/coaching session there is a 60min slot available for this but it may be subject to numbers that this may have to be split for safety.
During the session swimmers will be swimming up to three strokes (depending on ability) and will learn about race skills like the starts and start signal, these skills will prepare for the races later.
- Swimmers will get the opportunity to work with swimming Coaches, teachers and helpers the pool will be divided into five 25m lanes.
(The pool will have a maximum depth of 1.0m so the whole of the pool will be shallow water)
- Swimmers who require aids such as arm bands or use of flexi floats may do so, if you have your own please bring them with you.
- If the swimmer needs someone in the water alongside them please indicate on the registration form, if you are happy to do this it would be helpful, however we may be able to provide some swimmers to assist if required (subject to numbers required)
During this session the swimmers will be sorted into
Taster Session Races 5.00pm-6.30pm (approx.)
Swimmers who take part in this event will be involved in a competition, they will have the opportunity to have-a-go at racing and hopefully experience the competitive buzz of people cheering them down the pool
- During the event swimmers will swim one per lane and race over 25m (one length)
- Those that require someone swimming alongside them may do so
- Each swimmer will be timed each time they swim
There will be an opportunity for each swimmer to race three times, (subject to ability) backstroke/breaststroke/front crawl, and possibly butterfly subject to time.
Once the swimmers have completed their events they are free to go, however they will need to be collected by parent/carers ensuring that the poolside helpers are aware they are going.
But we hope you will stay and have a snack with us (see below)
Team staff during races
Other than parents/carers acting as accompanying swimmers in the pool, parents/carers, family and supporters will be able to spectate from the spectator area, swimmers will be guided to their races by a group of team staff.
To be comfortable on poolside it is recommended that the swimmers have a spare towel and extra 'T shirt' to keep warm and dry while waiting for their races
FOR THE ENTRY FORM AND MORE INFORMATION PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHED DOCUMENT