The game of golf is now played by people of all ages in nearly every country. Anyone - men, women, young or old, amateur or professional can enjoy golf.
The game is steeped in tradition. The rules are uniform the world over and the unique handicapping system allows people of different abilities to play with and against each other. The game is a stimulating challenge combined with getting out in the fresh air in pleasant surroundings. Golf is not only enjoyable, it is an excellent way of exercising, as an average 18 holes usually involves walking between six and seven kilometres!
Get involved in Golf
Berks, Bucks and Oxon Golf Partnership
The Berks, Bucks and Oxon Golf Partnership aims to:
- Encourage and promote golf participation across three counties
- Organise events to give hundreds an opportunity to learn golf
- Bring golf to the community for all ages and abilities
- Support clubs with GolfMark and other national schemes
- Operate a junior academy programme to develop young talent
- Keep all golfers up to date with county news and events
Get into Golf
Get into golf offers many ways to learn and to improve
- Taster session Short session, usually an hour. Find out more about the sport, tour the golfing club, meet a golfing professional, Q&A session, learn the basics and hit some balls in a mini-coaching session.
- Beginner course A step-by-step guide to the basics, from grip and posture to golf etiquette and how to play a full game. Vary across the country, but usually five weeks for £25. Some women-only courses available.
- Learn golf in a day This is usually a five-hour course, costing around £25. The same beginner skills as on the five-week course, but dovetailed into a single day.
- Improvers course Build on the skills you learned in the beginner sessions and start playing regular rounds, ideal way to meet other aspiring golfers.
Just book, turn up on the day in comfortable clothing, equipment is usually provided
The local Get Into Golf club are:
- Hillside Farm Golf Driving Range
- Hadden Hill Golf Club
- Southfields Driving Range
- Wychwood Golf Club
- Witney Lakes Resort
For more information contact:
Tel: 01526 354500
Mob: 0758 4085159
Wed, 19 Jul 2017 11:30
Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire Golf Partnership have a fantastic opportunity for schools and individuals to get involved... Read More »
Tue, 09 Aug 2016 11:00
Final call for young people with Special Educational Needs (SEN) to join this years programme.
Feel Inspired Centres in Oxfordshire:... Read More »
Wed, 02 Sep 2015 10:10
Disc Golf is the new type of Golf taking the country by storm!
- Day: Every Monday from 7th September
- Time: 4.30pm Families, 7 pm... Read More »