Primary PE and sport funding
In 2012, London and the nation hosted the sporting extravaganza that is the Olympic and Paralympic Games, with the promise to "Inspire a Generation". In particular, inspiring young people was the focus of London's Olympic and Paralympic bid. It is young people who will provide the true, lasting legacy from London 2012 of increased sport and physical activity participation. Now is the time to provide the skills and opportunities for young people to match that inspiration and continue to develop a sporting habit for life. This, coupled with the Beyond 2012 - Outstanding Physical Education for All report published in February 2013, has led to the introduction of ringfenced PE and Sport funding into all schools in England with primary-aged children. Information on how the school plan to utilise their funding should be available on the school website by 4th April 2016.
These pages are dedicated to supporting schools utilize their funding to the benefit of current and future students.
Perhaps conduct a review of your PE and sport provision, using the three areas below as key areas for consideration.
More information and useful links:
- Evidencing the Impact of PE & Sport Premium - 2015-16 Guidance and Template (PDF, 1 Mb)
- Ofsted; supporting the inspection of maintained schools and academies (PDF, 494 Kb)
- Primary PE Funding General Conditions Of Grant (PDF, 111 Kb)
- AfPE Self Review Tool - Evidencing Impact And Accountability (MS Word, 124 Kb)
- YST Become Outstanding - PE And Sport Self Review Tool (PDF, 121 Kb)
- Beyond 2012 Outstanding Physical Education For All Report Summary (PDF, 164 Kb)
- Oxfordshire Sports Partnership (MS Word, 3.4 Mb)