OxSPA Talent Coach Programme “Class of 2017”
Following on from the successful Talent Coach Programme run by OxSPA in 2016 /17, we are pleased to announce that a second phase of the TCP will take place in 2017 /18. There will be 2 offers, one for individuals and the other for NGB's. Expressions of interest will be sent out in May so please keep an eye out.
Highlights from 2016/17:-
- 10 coaches registered for the programme across 10 sports:-Equestrian & Dressage/Kayak – Sprint and Marathon racing/Netball/Fencing/Figure Skating/Rugby/Synchronised Swimming/ Powerlifting
- More female coaches on the Programme (Links to Reach into Project 500) 7 Female 3 Male.
- 4 Coach Educators (mentors)trained
- 2 workshop tutors trained
- Good attendance rate at the workshops - 2 coaches attending 2 workshops, 2 coaches attending 3 and 5 coaches attending all 4 *Reasons for non – attendance were coaching commitments /illness.
- Coaches informal buddy system
- Community of learning – behaviour change
- Coach Educators attended all workshops and participated in the discussion/breakout groups
- Cross sport networking worked in this setting, opened coaches eyes and minds to practices of other coaches
- Dedicated Coach Developers
- Coach Developers learned from each other and the coaches
- Graduation event with guest appearance from Stuart Armstrong (Head of Coaching Sport England) who facilitated a lively, interactive session on his interpretation of "What is Talent"
If you would like to know more please contact Denise Brown, Coaching Development Officer Oxfordshire Sport and Physical Activity firstname.lastname@example.org
Coming soon "The Class of 2018" – Talent Coach Programme for coaches wanting to get on to the performance continuum
- OXSPA Talent Coach Programme (PDF, 262 Kb)