Closing the gap and raising achievement of Oxfordshire's young people
Oxfordshire Sport and Physical Activity appreciate how important the role high quality physical education and school sport is to the physical, mental and emotional development of the young people of our county. By having a positive experience throughout school life, our young people will enjoy an active start in life and continue their participation in physical activity and sport into adulthood.
This belief underpins our work to ensure Oxfordshire's vision of becoming the most active county in England by 2017 is realised, with the numerous benefits of regular participation continuing to be felt much further into the future.
I would like to formally thank the Oxfordshire Primary PE and Sport Group for their contribution to this event. The group was initially established to lead Oxfordshire Sport Partnership Core Team's support for the Primary PE Premium. The group, consisting of Primary Headteachers from across Oxfordshire, Youth Sport Trust, Oxfordshire County Council, Oxford Brookes University, Vale Academy Trust and myself, identified two main focus areas:
1. Ensuring Senior Leadership Teams fully appreciate the role physical education and school sport can have on whole school improvement.
2. Ensure teachers and deliverers of PE and school sport have the confidence and competence to deliver high quality programmes of work to their pupils.
When discussing these focus areas with colleagues, it seemed as appropriate at secondary age as they are at primary age.
If you would like to join this group, predominantly but not exclusively focussing on Primary PE, please contact me after this event.
I would also like to thank the fantastic team involved with the Oxfordshire Children and Young People Group for their support, advice and input into today's event and in multiple other areas of work throughout the year. The Core Team, and Oxfordshire in general, is very lucky to have such a cohesive team who work together to the benefit of young people across our county.
Youth Sport Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org / 07767 442816
- Keynote Address 1 - Sue Wilkinson & Ali Oliver (PDF, 2 Mb)
- Keynote Address 2 - Ronnie Heath (PDF, 3.5 Mb)
- Raising Achievement Through Physical Education (PDF, 563 Kb)
- Aiming for Outstanding Teaching (PDF, 886 Kb)
- Using Physical Education to Drive Whole School Improvement (PDF, 886 Kb)
- Secondary PE Lead session (PDF, 2 Mb)
- Secondary SLT & Governor session (PDF, 2 Mb)
- afPE Offer to Oxfordshire Schools (PDF, 176 Kb)
- YST Membership Offer to Oxfordshire Schools (PDF, 107 Kb)
We have reviewed our membership offer to make this more accessible for more schools and more flexible to meet the varying needs of schools. Therefore, following the PE conference, should your school be interested in working with YST and accessing opportunities such as our members website, self-review tool, or professional learning, you can do so through one of the three levels of membership. Please see the attached flyer, and here, and if you would like discuss this please contact Wendy Taylor (email@example.com / 07825 065 230).
- Oxford City Council Resilience At Work (PDF, 847 Kb)
- ITeachPE (PDF, 263 Kb)